What are the metabolic disorders?
The principal classes of metabolic disorders are:
- Acid-base imbalance.
- Metabolic brain diseases.
- Disorders of calcium metabolism.
- DNA repair-deficiency disorders.
- Glucose metabolism disorders.
- Iron metabolism disorders.
- Lipid metabolism disorders.
How do you fix metabolic problems?
Make These Lifestyle Changes. Get some exercise. Exercise is a great way to lose weight, but don’t get down if the scale isn’t showing progress. Even if you don’t lose a single pound, exercise can lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and improve insulin resistance.
- increased blood pressure (greater than 130/85 mmHg)
- high blood sugar levels (insulin resistance)
- excess fat around the waist.
- high triglyceride levels.
- low levels of good cholesterol, or HDL.
What are some examples of inherited metabolic disorders?
Inherited metabolic diseases: Also called inborn errors of metabolism, these are heritable (genetic) disorders of biochemistry. Examples include albinism, cystinuria (a cause of kidney stones), phenylketonuria (PKU), and some forms of gout, sun sensitivity, and thyroid disease.